Wednesday, August 20

what's up with Korean Pop Groups?

Imagine MTV, but even more repetitive, and with even fewer genres of music represented. That's the station I play while I get ready in the morning. Koreans must really love their boy bands and their girl groups. I tried to find a pretty typical picture of each for you:




The lime plaids are the Wonder Girls, and the blue ties are Dong Bang Shin Ki. Yeah, they always look that androgynous. Sometimes more so. Don't get me wrong, they have great voices, and choreographed dance moves. And some groups play with stuffed animals and children. Solo artists are, as far as I can tell, devoted to ballads. When I'm really lucky, they throw some English rap in the middle of the song. I love it.

Finally feeling better. Probably 92%.

No comments:

Post a Comment