Friday, May 20

per·am·bu·late/pəˈrambyəˌlāt/Verb

1. Walk or travel through or around (a place or area), esp. for pleasure and in a leisurely way.
The air around me feels like nothing, no breeze, no pressure, no hint of rain.  Although the temperature commits neither to hot nor cold, the tips of my fingers hang chill and heavy near my thighs.  The barest momentum lifts one leg and then the other, not even disturbing my shoulders, held tall and straight.  This is the first time in years that the soles of my feet, the pads of my toes, the weight of my heels sense the earth as solid and warm beneath them, the first time my legs are solid with trust, my ribs expanded to hold the breath of potential, the single crease between my brows smooth with sweet acceptance.

This is my time.


No comments:

Post a Comment